cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip wccp redirection direction at ethernet and serial interface.

syjeon
Level 1
Level 1

hi all.

commonly, we use 'ip wccp 62 redirect in' at serial interface to grap packet for sending cisco waas.

but some document is mentioned that 'ip wccp 62 redirect out' ethernet interface facing data center side.

I guess, there is same meaning, I think that It's better to apply 'ip wccp 62 redirect in' at serial interface due to router performance. Right?

Can you explain clarify for me?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

smnambia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct redirect in is less cpu intensive as compared to redirect out

WCCP redirection can be configured to occur as packets enter a router or switch interface (inbound, or ingress, redirection) or as they are beginning to leave a router or switch interface (outbound, or egress, redirection).

* Inbound redirection - the WCCP process inspects traffic to find packets that should be optimized before the packets enter the router or switch forwarding/routing selection process.  Inbound redirection is less CPU intensive than outbound redirection (when using process or other SW based switching).

* Outbound redirection - the WCCP process inspects traffic to find packets that should be optimized as the packets are ready to leave a router or switch interface, after the packet has gone through the router or switch forwarding/routing selecting process.  Outbound redirection is more CPU intensive than inbound redirection.

Thanks

-Smita

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: