Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with licensing an NME-WAE-502

michaelcocks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am currently working on a network that is utlising WAAS for acceleration. Software is 4.1.5f

We mainly have WAE 674s in the network, but I am trying to bring up an NME-WAE-502 in a 2811 router.

I have configured the router, and it is working well, and I have IP connectivity to the WAAS module. I can telnet to it, and manage it via the https page via the Central Manager.

The 502 is on an older version of software, 4.1.5c.

I cannot do the following from the Central Manager to the 502

1/ Update the software from 4.1.5c to 4.1.5f. I get "update failed messages"

2/ In the My WAN -> Manage Devices view, services are blank (all others are Application Accelerator)

3/ When navigate to My WAN->Manage Devices->502 Device->Admin-> License management, there are no options for enabling the licensing. On the 502 GUI, though, I have used the "add licence" command to enable the Enterprise license. We purchased this license when we bought the NME.

I have checked most of the basic settings, and TCP/IP, DNS and NTP are all good. It does register to the CM, and is seen as active.

I am most probably missing something simple, and all suggestions welcome:)

cheers

Michael

7 Replies 7

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Looks like you may have connectivity issue between CM and NME module. Please make sure they can ping each other and port 22 is open between them.

After that, please delete and re-register NME module to CM.

CLI commands on NME module:

cms deregister force

Again  on NME module, apply these commands and see if that helps.

conf t

cms enable

you cna also verify the licensing on NME module by using CLI command:

show license

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

PS: Please mark this question as Answered, if it resolves your issue.

Hi Bhavin

I appreciate you quick reply.

I tried the process you outlined, but received the following errors

Hostname#cms deregister force
Management service is not enabled/registered.

Hostname(config)#cms enab

Registering WAAS Application Engine...
Sending  device registration request to Central Manager with address x.x.254.100
Registration record for this device already exists or other nodes share the following information with this node: Certificate hash already used by device Hostname(CeConfig_8304396);
register: Registration failed(512).
cms: unable to register node

FAILED to enable management services

FYI, the router we are using has a 3G card in it to provide connectivity back to the CM. This connects directly into our IP VPN, and I have confirmed there is no firewalls etc in path. I can ping both ways, from WAE to CM and back. I can telnet to each device.

the next step I would like to try is to delete the device from the CM, but it doesn't seem readily apparent how to do this via the GUI?

any thoughts appreciated

cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, we have to delete the device from CM first.

Please delete the device from CM and then try registering. It will work like a charm, I am sure.

Regards,

Hi Bhavin

Sorry to be a bit slow, but it is not readily apparent how to delete a device from the CM GUI

I have checked out the My WAN-> Manage devices view, and also in the device management page itself, but seen no means of deleting the device:)

Thx in advance

Michael

Hi Michael,

Under manage Devices --> select device by clicking in the very first column  and go to edit mode.

Once you are in editr mode of the device, you will see "Delete" button in the middle of the page and right above the Device info box. Please hit the delete button on that page.

Regards.

Hi Bhavin

Thx, I am moving forward now, the WAE has successfully registered to the CM

Hostname(config)#cms en

Registering WAAS Application Engine...

Sending  device registration request to Central Manager with address x.x.254.100

Please wait, initializing CMS tables

Successfully initialized CMS tables

Registration complete.

Please preserve running configuration using 'copy running-config startup-config'.

Otherwise management service will not be started on reload and node will be shown

'offline' in WAAS Central Manager UI.

management services enabled

Hostname(config)#exit

Hostname#copy running-config startup-config

I have though, still my original issue?????

When we purchased WAE, we purchased with the Enterprise license

Hostname#sh lic
License Name   Status      Activation Date Activated By
-------------- ----------- --------------- --------------
Transport      not active
Enterprise     active      10/25/2010      admin
Video          not active

But, when I browse to the Admin->License Managent page in the CM for this device, I just get the message "no licenses are available on this device"?

I believe this is why I can't see any services enabled on the CM, as it believes the WAE is not licensed for any service?

cheers

Michael

PS, if this is not easily resolved, I will raise a TAC case

Hi Mike,

Few things to check and verify.

ON WAE, please apply following commands. tese commands will verify if the box s optimizing or not.

sh stat conn

sh license

sh alarm

whatever is shown on the box is what you are getting.

About CM not reporting license, make sure WAE is syncing with CM. CI command - sh cms info --> will confirm you that.

Verify under CM, verify this page: MY WAN --> Manage Devices --> edit device --> Admin --> license management.

If you see any discrepancy, please open a TAC case as this will require to look at your setup in more details.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: