Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Redundant Non-Looped WAE Setup

Hi all, I'm reading through the "Deploying Cisco Wide Area Application Services, Second Edition" book at the moment and have reached a part where it talks about a redundant non-looped topology (I'm looking at Figure 5-19 for anyone who has the book).

It says that "It is possible even when deploying the WAEs on a dedicated subnet to experience a redirection loop for traffic that transits between routers  on host subnets." It then says the solution to this issue is to route traffic between the two routers through the WAE and then use the "ip wccp redirect exclude in" command on those router interfaces.

I can understand the above, however, the configuration example shows GLBP running on these two routers. It has been a while since I have looked in to GLBP, but I thought GLBP the routers who run it, as well as the hosts who are going to use the routers as their gateway, all need to be on the same layer 2 segment. Making the two routers route through the dedicated WAE subnet in order to reach one another would mean that the routers are on different subnets.

Can someone please explain how this works?

Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content