cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Should Data Center WAE point to GLBP IP address?

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

I will be connecting a Data Center WAE-7341 to a distribution layer made up of two 6509s. The 6509s currently have a /30 L3 connection between the two of them on routed ports. I plan on changing that to a /29 SVI connection (changing the ports to switchports) and connecting the 7341 to one of the 6509s' ports configed in the same vlan. (Eventually I'll connect a second, redundant 7341 to the other 6509, same vlan, for redundancy.)

Should I make the connection between the two 6509s a GLBP config, and have the 7341's gateway the virtual IP - but still config WCCP router-list to point to the real IP address? Or should I keep GLBP out of the picture by not configuring it, and pointing the 7341's gateway to the IP address on the 6509 it is connected to - the same as the router-list IP?

1 Reply 1

todd.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Registration

Do NOT use a virtual gateway address (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)

If you dont specify an IP in the router list is will use the default gateway by default.

If you do use the VIP as the default route, you may see a negative influence when the edge fails over. The DRE cache will be lost as the connection gets reset and initiated on the 2nd WAE. unless your connected to both A and B side routers from Each WAE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: