cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

single WAAS

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

1) Can i install a single WAAS ? So with no CDM functionality in my network. I want to deploy a single WAAS just for live streaming splitting functionality (no traffic optimization (yet...))

2) If this device is installed in the Datacenter core, how do i setup redundancy (ok, with two devices then) on two different core switches. Can someone point me to redundant core waas setups ?

regards,

Geert

1 Reply 1

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot perform unicast stream splitting on a single WAAS, it is designed for edge splitting over a WAN link with a box at either end of the pipe. WAAS requires another WAAS WAE upstream to perform optimization between the two, which will allows the edge box to set up stream splitting.

For a DC only solution, I would look at ACNS running on the WAEs, either single box or load balanced WAEs via WCCP or L4-7 Switch. This will allow you to perform unicast splitting, Unicast-Multicast conversion or several other options.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: