cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To change the hostname of the WAE device

Joe Lau
Level 1
Level 1

If I want to change the hostname of one of the WAE device in my network, can I just rename it through Central Manager GUI? Can it be done through CLI as well? Would the database of this device be conserved in CM by the hostname change?

Thanks!

Joe

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

You should be able to change it without any implications.In the CM edit the WAE you want to change. In the left pane select activation and change the name to what you would like it to be and hit submit. Let me know if this is the information you were seeking? In the CM edit the WAE you want to change. In the left pane select activation and change the name to what you would like it to be and hit submit.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

Hi ,

Changing device name would not impact any optimization or database maintained by CM. Central manager tracks the device based on the device id not based on device name.

#sh cms in

Device registration information :

Device Id                            = 7290928         

Regards,

Bala.R

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

You should be able to change it without any implications.In the CM edit the WAE you want to change. In the left pane select activation and change the name to what you would like it to be and hit submit. Let me know if this is the information you were seeking? In the CM edit the WAE you want to change. In the left pane select activation and change the name to what you would like it to be and hit submit.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks Kanwal. That's what I was seeking. Indeed I was wondering whether this kind of change would affect anything on the database or cms communication of the WAE to the CM. But it looks like it should be fine.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi ,

Changing device name would not impact any optimization or database maintained by CM. Central manager tracks the device based on the device id not based on device name.

#sh cms in

Device registration information :

Device Id                            = 7290928         

Regards,

Bala.R

Thanks Balakrishnan!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: