Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

waas 5x upgrade from 4.4.1

We are upgrading the waas software to  a 5x release from 4.4.1.

Which  5x version is recommended? We will need to be running in a mix environment until the wae-512s are replaced with 594s. The reason we want to go to a 5x train is to run the ica ao at a branch that can benefit from it and to resolve a slow printing problem with windows 2008 sever.

Are there any issues in running in a mix environment?

What is the difference between 5.1 and 5.2.1?

Thatnks in advance!

3 REPLIES

I am in the process of upgrading our WAAS as well, I do not get any problems with a mixed environment. I am gradually replacing our WAE 612 running 4.3.3 with SRE WAAS on the 3945 running 5.1.1c everything seems to work together fine!

I've done some upgrade from 4.x to 5.2.1 and 5.3.1 without any problems. Even while using mixed environment there was no problem.    

We've seen a lot of issues running 4.4.1 in a mix environment with 5.5.1c. Basically, FTP transfers from 4.4.1 waas to 5.1.1c waas fails. We get connection reset by the peer. This is happening with sending multiple files at once using the mput statement. From the same version, it's fine. Not sure if it has to do the cache architect being possibly different between the 2 versions or the fact we haven't cleared the cache on these boxes. We've upgraded from so many different versions over the years and had never cleared the cache.

Views
Helpful
Replies