cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Acceleration Policies

pthaynes
Level 1
Level 1

First a little bit of background (sorry for the long post). I have a number of Applications and Classifiers that have been defined so that I can get statistics on traffic for some internal apps. Those policy definitions are applied to the WAAS devices through the "AllDevicesGroup". I have noticed that when I add a new WAAS device only the default applications and classifiers are applied to the new device. The only way I have found to force them to apply is to go to the device after installation, click on the acceleration > policy definitions item in the gui and then click on "Override group settings" then submit, then click on the "AllDevicesGroup" in the dropdown and click submit again.

If that's how it needs to be done I'm happy with that. If there is something else that may be preventing that from happening automagically please let me know.

My real question is when I go into the gui and click on services > acceleration > policies I have noticed that the AllDevicesGroup has 166 policies applied, but all my devices have 160 policies applied. I have noticed that 6 of the default application policies applied to the AllDevicesGroup involve the port mapper. Has the functionality used for those polices been removed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

The port mapper (aka EPM) functionality has been temporarily disabled in WAAS 4.0. It is scheduled to return in the 4.1 release this summer.

Regards,

Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

The port mapper (aka EPM) functionality has been temporarily disabled in WAAS 4.0. It is scheduled to return in the 4.1 release this summer.

Regards,

Zach

Thanks again Zach.