Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS and Telephony

guzman.barrio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to know if there is some design guide or reference to follow about WAAS implementation with IP telephony.

I've implemented WAAS in a customer's network with a central site and 20 remote offices and after that there are some problems with the telephony, specifically with call signaling.  There are Cisco IP Phones in the branch offices, with a UCM in the central site and there are too FXS and FXO cards with analogic phones in the remote office.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Guzmán

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Guzman,

What version of WAAS did you deploy? the images below are form 4.2.3...

By default, call signaling in the Ip telephony world, is not optimized by WAAS according to the default policy entry in the default policy template.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Guzman,

What version of WAAS did you deploy? the images below are form 4.2.3...

By default, call signaling in the Ip telephony world, is not optimized by WAAS according to the default policy entry in the default policy template.

Hi Manuel, thanks for your help.

I have 4.1.5f in all my WAEs.  The screen-shoots that I can see in your answer, are from predefined configuration in WAAS systems?

Regards,

Guzmán

Hi Guzman,

Yes the screenshots belong to the policy template ( default) .

This policy entry and the entire policy can be customized..ie..add more ports to the Call monitoring clasifier.

version 4.1.5e has issues....maybe move to version 4.2.3.

regards,

Manuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: