Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAAS cache sync

Hi,

is possible 2 WAE-674 synchronize cache?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: WAAS cache sync

Andre,

According to best of my knowledge no DRE/cifs cache syncrhonization is done in case of multiple WAEs.

I believe that this is per design and we've chosed this to have better scalability over uncertain benefit (+ mutliple read/write operations required to sync multiple devices).

Marcin

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Andre,

Guys from PDI will probably have a full answer...

But I believe we don't sync caches, the only application of this I could see is during failure or one WAE in cluster. Unless you mean to share DRE cache globally accross all devices?

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

I am waiting answer for PDI, and I would like to synchronize the cache in cluster to avoid trouble during a failure.

In a cluster has each WAE your cache? Only during a failure the secondary WAE have to learn cache?

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Andre,

According to best of my knowledge no DRE/cifs cache syncrhonization is done in case of multiple WAEs.

I believe that this is per design and we've chosed this to have better scalability over uncertain benefit (+ mutliple read/write operations required to sync multiple devices).

Marcin

Ok, thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content