Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS in 2921 ISR-G2

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a 2921 with an 16port Ether Switch module and need to install the SM-SRE 710 for WAAS.

on the 2921 G0/1 is the WAN 10.1.1.1 and the internal port G1/0 is LAN 10.1.2.1

How do I assign the IP addresses to SRE module so that I can use WCCP to direct traffic to correct interface.

Or is this not possible with ESM already installed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Schueler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would expect this to work fine.

Via the SM<slot>/0 interface you configure both the router-side IP address ("ip address ..." command) as well as the WAAS side IP address ("service-module ip address ...") and the WAAS side default gateway ("services-module ip default-gateway <router-side IP address>"). You should use a subnet here, which isn't used anywhere else in your network. Please also see here:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/ism-sm-sre.html#wp1140891

For being able to configure WCCP redirection, that's all what is required. Of course, you should also adapt routing in your networkf to ensure the new subnet is reachable, so you can reach WAAS on the SRE for management purposes (including management from a WAAS CM).

On WAAS side you would then give the router-side IP address of the SM<slot>/0 interface in the WCCP router list.

Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Schueler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would expect this to work fine.

Via the SM<slot>/0 interface you configure both the router-side IP address ("ip address ..." command) as well as the WAAS side IP address ("service-module ip address ...") and the WAAS side default gateway ("services-module ip default-gateway <router-side IP address>"). You should use a subnet here, which isn't used anywhere else in your network. Please also see here:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/ism-sm-sre.html#wp1140891

For being able to configure WCCP redirection, that's all what is required. Of course, you should also adapt routing in your networkf to ensure the new subnet is reachable, so you can reach WAAS on the SRE for management purposes (including management from a WAAS CM).

On WAAS side you would then give the router-side IP address of the SM<slot>/0 interface in the WCCP router list.

Regards,
Michael

Both,

As the 2921 is only capable of having one service module, I thing that you'll run into other problems, than just assigning IP-addresses.

You cannot have both a SRE-710 and a 16 port Etherswitch module in a Cisco 2921.

Best regards

Finn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: