Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Licensing

What is the Central Manager License used for ?

I have 6 Sites. 1 DataCenter 1 DR Site and 4 Branches. At Datacenter and DR Site we have WAE-674 and at Branches we have NME-302 and NME-502.

If I purchase Enterprise License for all products do we still need central manager license.

While using Dynamic Config Tool there was a note that with WAAS 4.1 , the Enterprise License will include Central Manager License ?

Thanks

Zeeshan

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Zeeshan,

There is no separate Central Manager license for WAAS 4.1, however a WAAS Enterprise License is required on the WAAS appliance operating in Central Manager mode.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Zach

I had the same question. Looking at the configurator, it shows the license WAAS-CNTRL-MGR (Cisco WAAS Central Manager License (1 per mgmt appliance)). Apparently this is for individual appliance. So, I assume CM is within the enterprise license (4.1). My question now is: can I have the application and the CM on the same appliance?

The appliances actually will only work as one or the other, so you do need one appliance dedicated as a central manager.  The Enterprise license allows the appliance to function as a CM or an accelerator.  (When running through the setup on the applicance you have a choice.)

Thank you.