cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Mobile Server DeltaCache

focused
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question on how the DeltaCache on the server is used.  Currently we have a handful of clients that have been using the WAAS Mobile for a week or so and when I look at the location i've set for the DeltaCache E:\DeltaCache I see nothing in here.

I check out each client and can see they are using some some of their own local workstation deltacache but nothing is on the server.  I find that a bit odd however everything looks to be working just fine and the connections are optimized for CIFS, ACAD, and other processes.

Is this normal? Am I missing anything?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please generate a server system report and get your Cisco SE to send it in to us.  We'll take a look and we may need to set up a webex to take a look at your server.

-ken

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

If the Delta Cache on your server is not populated, then it is possible that no compression is occuring. Other optimizations will still occur leading you to believe that all is OK. I have seen this when there is not enough disk space to create a server cache. Another thought is that you may have changed the delta cache location and not applied the settings (a requirement in release 3.5).  Changing the location also requires a reboot of the server.

If none of this applies, I suggest you send a server system report to you Cisco support SE and we will take a look.

-ken

Kenneth,

Thanks for the reply.  We've got more then enough disk space.  450GB is allocated.  We did change the delta cache location from the original location and I'm pretty sure we applied that and restarted.  However I will give it another try.

Thanks for the tips, i'll let you know if that works

Shaun

So I tried the things you mentioned and while I see the space available on the E:\ drive is actually correct with how much we allocated for the cache, the cache folder is still empty.  Very weird.

Also every time I log in it says there is a configuration change that needs to be applied however I keep clicking apply and it does the apply but comes back and says i need to apply settings.

Weird.

Please generate a server system report and get your Cisco SE to send it in to us.  We'll take a look and we may need to set up a webex to take a look at your server.

-ken

Sounds good I'll get Felix Chan to send that to you guys.

Thanks

Shaun

This is resolved.  Doing a dir /ah will show the two hidden files (BD_ServerControl.acc and BD_ServerPage.acc)

THanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: