Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS optimisation between different WAAS OS versions

Hi,

We are replacing WAAS devices WAVE - 7371 with WAVE - 7541. There are 6 WAAS devices at this location and we have already replaced one of existing 7371 with 7541. The 7541 are running OS 5.0.3 as we are running OS 4.4.7 on WAAS CM and WAAS devices at other locations (200+) we have not yet enabled wccp on the new device and not registered this device in WAAS CM.

In next few days, we have to upgrade all the 7371 with 7541. I would like to know , if the traffic optimisation will happen between the WAAS devices running 2 different WAAS OS versions.

I don't want to downgrade the OS on 7571, WAAS devices in other location will be upgraded to OS 5 after few months.

please advice...

3 Replies 3

John Gaskell
Level 4
Level 4

Yes different devices can be at different levels but WAAS CM *must* be at the highest level - so upgrade that first.
John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi John,

Thanks for the info..

Unfortunately, we cannot hold replacing the WAVE 7371 devices till the upgradation of WAAS CM. As we need to return them to the vendor .

As a work arround, can I replace them with 7541 and enable optimisation without registering the WAVE 7371 in the WAAS CM,till the we get approvals for upgrading the WAAS OS ver 5 on remaining ( 200 +) devices including the WAAS CM

It will still optimise the traffic between WAAS devices at other locations right ?

Hi Mohammad

It is the WAAS CM only you need to upgrade to be at the same level or higher than your new devices. Anything else will be unsupported by Cisco.

You can then upgrade your other 200+ devices later.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: