Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Pre-positioning

paul.wilcock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zach,

A question regards WAAS pre-positioning. Is there any way to determine what files (and directories from which these came) have been pushed by a pre-position policy ?? I have recently set up a couple of policies and although the system reports success, one policy has pushed no data and the second has pushed approximately half of what I was expecting.

Thanks,

Paul.

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Paul,

There really isn't any report or query we can run to see exacty what directories/files were prepositioned.

What are the completion messages you are seeing for the jobs?

Zach

Thanks Zach,

Completion message indicates what could be completed has done so successfully ("Status-Completed" & "Reason-No files need to be prepositioned"). However I know that this is not the case......There are some messages I have found in the logs and also some more granular detail that can be seen in the device GUI (CifsAO - Preposition).

Hi Zach,

One more question on prepositioning. Just to confrim is the 'start time' specified in the schedule the time particular to the WAAS CM, the edge device of the core engine ??

Thanks.

The scheduled start time for the PP job is based on the local time of the (edge) device performing the preposition.

Regards,

Zach