Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS product license is missing

wooiboontan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just checked on my WAAS console and realize that there is a critical error for license is missing for few of the WAAS devices, is anyone know what kind of license is needed? Only some of the devices having this error the rest are fine.

waas.JPG

Appreciate any advice or comment for this issue. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Eric Rose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on how you configured the devices initially. the setup script would ask you for the license level that you have.

Otherwise you will have to install the license level yourself.

here is the url to configure it via the GUI you can also do it via the CLI "license add..." or "license clear..."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v413/configuration/guide/other.html#wpmkr1052752

Table 9-1     WAAS Software Licenses

License
Description

Transport

Enables basic DRE, TFO, and LZ optimization. Cannot be configured if the Enterprise license is configured.

Enterprise

Enables the EPM, HTTP, MAPI, NFS, SSL, CIFS (WAFS), and Windows Print application accelerators, the WAAS Central Manager, and basic DRE, TFO, and LZ optimization. Cannot be configured if the Transport license is configured.

Video

Enables the video application accelerator. Requires the Enterprise license to be configured first.

Virtual-Blade

Enables the virtualization feature. Requires the Enterprise license to be configured first.

Thanks

Eric

if this answer your question please mark as answered with a 5.

I have verified with Cisco and these is a bug for version 4.1.3a f

irmware which caused the licensing issue so upgrade to 4.1.5c will resolve this problem.

Anyway, thanks for your comment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: