cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS- WCCP and inline interception operation!

Mohit Chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

Just a small quick Q to confirm this approach is correct or not?

I have a HO where I will be putting in WAAS CM (WAVE 274) and a WAAS appliance (WAVE 694). The plan is to run the interception in "inline mode".

Now the branch office (BO) is having WAAS SM on a ISR 2900 router. And I was advised that this site would be running the interception in "WCCP" mode.

While i was a reading about configuring WCCP it mentioned that all the devices in the WAAS network across the WAN must be running WCCP including the routers edge routers on both ends.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v441/quick/guide/waasqcg.html#wp1416970

So my question was, in my network environment do I need to have both WAE devices intercepting in WCCP mode or i could use both, inline at HO and WCCP at BO?

Regards,

Mohit

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohit,

It's perfectly fine to run different interception mechanisms for the different branches, so you can go ahead and have inline in one while using WCCP in another one.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

ahskhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohit,

You can run inline at HQ and WCCP at branch office. The goal is to intercept traffic on both side. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohit,

It's perfectly fine to run different interception mechanisms for the different branches, so you can go ahead and have inline in one while using WCCP in another one.

Regards

Daniel

ahskhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohit,

You can run inline at HQ and WCCP at branch office. The goal is to intercept traffic on both side. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: