Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE-512 with inline module

steve_steele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm playing with WAAS for the firsttime in a LAB environment with some test kit. I have a number of WAE-512 that seem to crash at the BIOS boot stage if I have the extra 4 port card installed. If I take the card out they run fine.

I'm running 4.1.1c but I don't get past the BIOS stage ( The F1 of F12 menus won't even come up )

Is there an update or something I should run or am I missing something obvious?

Cheers

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

Definitely sounds like a hardware problem. Have you ever been able to use these cards? When the cards are inserted, if POST doesn't come up, then there is some kind of hardware conflict. Do you know what model/part number of inline cards you are inserting in the 512s? I've used the inline modules since 511, so they definitely work in the 512 chassis.

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steve,

Definitely sounds like a hardware problem. Have you ever been able to use these cards? When the cards are inserted, if POST doesn't come up, then there is some kind of hardware conflict. Do you know what model/part number of inline cards you are inserting in the 512s? I've used the inline modules since 511, so they definitely work in the 512 chassis.

Dan

Hi Dan,

It was hardware in the end. Two of the 4 port cards were faulty. I got the replacements and it worked first time.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: