cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE-674 as Core-WAE, WAAS Central Manager, or both?

lalqatta982011
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Datacenter and three branches. in the Data center we have Cisco 3925 Router only and WAE-674 Appliance. and in the branches I have Cisco 2911 Router with WAE-502 NM.

I'll configure each WAE-502 NM in the branch as Edge-WAE. my question is the WAE-674 Appliance at Datacenter will be configured as Core-WAE, WAAS Central Manager, or Both rols?

Thanks and Regards,

Loay

3 Replies 3

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Loay,

You can configure WAE 674 as either Central manager or Application Accelerator. We can not use WAE as Central manager and Application accelerator (in dual role).

As WAE 674 is one of the mid size unit, you should try to use it as Central manager and seletc one of the WAVE 274s or 474s or 574s as Central manager.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: If this answers your question, please mark this as Answered.

Thanks Bhavin for your help.

now I cant add any new items.

my  question is Can I configure the WAAS without the CM. this meaning the  WAE-674 Appliance at Datacenter act as Core-WAE and the WAE-502 NM in  the branch act as Edge-WAE?

Hi Loay,

You should be able to configure WAAS at DC and branch without CM, however it is not a recommended method by Cisco (not supported by TAC). Also you would loose the following functionality:

1. Ability to optimize SSL traffic, since the certificates are stored in CM sercure store.

2. Ability to manage the application policies consistently across the WAAS devices.

3. Ability to monitor and report optimization stats.

4. Ability to manage the software upgrades / downgrades centrally.

and more.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kiran.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: