cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE - Inline Module - Interception ACL - Statistics

marcoadolfo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a wae connected inline to the ISP Router.

The Router provide connectivity to Internet from a serial interface and from another serial interface to the DataCenter.

When I look the statistic of the Optimization/Acceleration, the value are related to all traffic; between branch office and datacenter, and to Internet.

I want the statistics only of the traffic between branch office and data center

if I use an Interception ACL on the wae with permit the traffic between private network, I can see the statistic related only this quantity of traffic between private networks ?

or, Do you have suggestions to have statistics without internet traffic ?

1 Reply 1

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Marco,

You can create an ACL to limit the traffic intercepted.Make sure that the interception ACL is created to  match traffic flow bidirectionally on the device. Interception ACLs need  to match only the TCP SYN packet to exclude a session from  optimization. Considering both directions of traffic flow will help  limit unanticipated optimization traffic.

Source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/contnetw/ps5680/ps6870/white_paper_c11-609128.html

I still don't fully understand how your network design really is but I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: