Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WAE Software Upgrade - 4.4.5 to 4.4.7

All,

I am planning to upgrade ten WAE 512 units from 4.4.5 to 4.4.7 and would like guidance from the forum here on how best to accomplish this.  I understand that the Central Manager can be used to mass deploy the software and upgrade the appliances at once.  Can someone provide some pointers or point me to a url which can guide me on this?  I also would appreciate any strategies, tips or caveats regarding this effort if there are any to make this as smooth an upgrade as possible.

Oh by the way, in case some advice can be given on these, I also will upgrade the software for these units as well.

OE294: 4.4.5 -> 5.3.3.06

OE694: 5.1.1-> 5.3.3.0.6

OE674: 4.4.5 -> 5.3.3.06

Thank you,

Adil

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Adil,

You can upgrade through CM which is effective and recommended way of upgrading the software. You can view the release notes of version 4.4.7 to have more information about software upgrade pre-requisites.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v447/release/notes/ws447xrn.pdf

Below is the link for "how to upgrade" methods and steps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/upgrade/guide/waas_upgrade43.html#wp42451

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

Cisco Employee

Hi Adil,

Here's the link to release notes for 5.3.3. Go through them to see the requirements for upgrading to this version. You should also take care to see if you can directly upgrade the WAE to this version or there is any intermediate version to which you may need to go and from there go to this version.

Procedures should be same.

Regards,

Kanwal

Views
Helpful
Replies