cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE standby group and L2 redirection mask-assignment not compatible?

gwhuang5398
Level 2
Level 2

I have a WAE-674 connected to two 6509 switches (sup720). The two WAE ports are in a standby group. I'm also using WCCP L2 redirection from 6509 to the WAE, but I remember in older WAAS software, WAE standby group was not compatible with L2 redirection mask-assignment. Only hash could be used.

Is it still the same with the newer 4.2.1 software? I couldn't find specifics in its documentations.

Thanks

Gary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gary,

I believe you are talking about this defect: CSCso66693
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso66693 

Now, Standby interface does work with L2 Masking.

Details about virtual standby interface:
The virtual standby interface uses the MAC address of the active interface. Standby interfaces remain unused unless an active interface fails. When an active network interface fails (because of cable trouble, Layer 2 switch failure, or other failure), and that interface is part of a standby group, a standby interface can start to carry traffic and take the load off the failed interface. With standby interface configuration, only one interface is in use at a given time.

CLI command: show interface standby 1

Please note that VB interface bridging is not supported when you are using  standby interface feature.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: If this answers your question, please mark it as Answered.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gary,

I believe you are talking about this defect: CSCso66693
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso66693 

Now, Standby interface does work with L2 Masking.

Details about virtual standby interface:
The virtual standby interface uses the MAC address of the active interface. Standby interfaces remain unused unless an active interface fails. When an active network interface fails (because of cable trouble, Layer 2 switch failure, or other failure), and that interface is part of a standby group, a standby interface can start to carry traffic and take the load off the failed interface. With standby interface configuration, only one interface is in use at a given time.

CLI command: show interface standby 1

Please note that VB interface bridging is not supported when you are using  standby interface feature.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: If this answers your question, please mark it as Answered.