Views
Helpful
Replies

WAVE or WAE

mo shea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

I sent an RFP to several CISCO partners requiring a solution to accelerate WAN traffic between Our main site and one heavily used remote site, connected via 2mb link. The main thing requiring acceleration is an oracle web based application. Users in the remote site use java jinitiator to open froms through their web browser while connected to the Main Site Servers.

I have got several responses from the partners, some involve WAE based solutions, others WAVE based solutions, and one partner gave a hybrid of both. Although I have discussed withe several partners about their solutions, I am still lost as to which one best suits my scenario.

I would greatly appreciate all feedback / advice regarding this issue

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jomize
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only difference between WAE (Wide-area Acceleration Engine) and WAVE (Wide-area Acceleration Virtualization Engine) is that the WAVE support "Virtual Blades".

Virtual Blades are virtual machines that are capable of running a stand-alone OS. We currently have SVVP certification from Microsoft to run their Windows Server product line.

If you have an AD controller in your remote site and you desire to consolidate your WAAS and AD controller into a single appliance, then buy WAVE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jomize
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only difference between WAE (Wide-area Acceleration Engine) and WAVE (Wide-area Acceleration Virtualization Engine) is that the WAVE support "Virtual Blades".

Virtual Blades are virtual machines that are capable of running a stand-alone OS. We currently have SVVP certification from Microsoft to run their Windows Server product line.

If you have an AD controller in your remote site and you desire to consolidate your WAAS and AD controller into a single appliance, then buy WAVE.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: