cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAVE274 appliance not peering with any other WAAS appliances

David Niemann
Level 3
Level 3

Added new remote site today utilizing a WAVE274 appliance as the site only has three T1s.  I'm using WCCP to redirect traffic to the appliance and wccp indicates that the appliance and router are communicating properly.  The appliance resides on a different subnet from servers and is excluded from acceleration via WCCP access-list.  For some reason the appliance is not peering with any of the other WAAS devices.  The WAAS manager sees the appliance and is able to fully control it.  All other sites are using either NME-WAEs or  SM-SREs running WAAS.  Previously I was using this WAVE274 at another location and replaced it with an NME-WAE so I know the appliance works.  I've attached the topology.  Any clues as to why it is not peering with at least the main site as there should always be traffic traversing to that site.

I have "ip wccp 62 redirect in" on all WAN interfaces and "ip wccp 61 redirect in" on all LAN interfaces on the routers.

2 Replies 2

ktunugun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

When you say the 274 appliance is not peering with other WAAS appliances, do you see the traffic as pass through.

What do you see immediately after when you initiate some connection from behind 274 to other sites and check the output of "show stat connection | in

Regards

Kiran

I found the problem.  It was WCCP access-list filter.  It was excluding the traffic from this site initially because it did not have an WAE.  Modified the access-list and now I'm getting traffic optimized.  That's what I get for trying to do things at the end of a very long day.