Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP and PBR don't right

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I have a WAAS network using WCCP for traffic redirection. My dilemma is I have a 6509 at the data center with MSFC doing inter-vlan routing and two routers, each connecting to a separate WAN cloud (Sprint and Verizon). I have a route-map set up on the MSFC to route certain traffic  to Verizon cloud and it seems like when I enable WCCP on the same interface where the route-map is applied my route-map doesn't work. I know this for sure because when I remove WCCP from the interface the route-map works. To work around this issue I am thinking enable WCCP at the WAN routers instead of at the Interface Vlan on the MSFC but not sure how this would work or if this is the best way to do in this scenario. I am looking for inputs/suggestions !!!!

And if enable WCCP on the WAN routers. Do I still need this command "wccp tcp-promiscuous router-list-num 8 l2-redirect" on the WAE ?

Thank you in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

Danny

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Danny,

There are some caveats when using PBR and WCCP on the same interface.  Specifically on the Catalyst 6500, PBR and WCCP should not be configured on the same interface if the policies will overlap.  This can lead to software-based switching of overlapping traffic, which is not recommended on a hardware-based platform like the 6500.

To comment on your idea of moving the WCCP interception to the WAN routers, can you please provide a topology diagram of your environment?

Thanks,
Zach

Hi Zach,

Thank you and I really appreciate your response !!! I opened a TAC case and moved WCCP redirect to the WAN routers and that seemed to resolve the issue. All is working well at the moment.

Thanks again !!!

Danny

PBR and WCCP should not be configured on the same interface if the policies will overlap

I cant understand. Can you explain with example

For exapmle my wccp acl like this

access-list 100 permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any

and access-list for PBR:

access-list 101 permit ip host 192.168.1.10 any

Does this configuration overlaps ?

hi  ,

i have faced the same problem before ,

the PBR and WCCP shoudnt be on the same interface ,

it caused the cpu to be 100 %

=======================

i have cisco 7604 platform

with my best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: