cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7920, 7960, and third party wireless router

mkoci
Level 1
Level 1

Remote site has 7960 phones, Linksys WRT54-G wireless, and Cisco 827 DSL coming back to a callmanager 3.3 When we power on a 7920 phone the 7960 phones will unregister with the call manager, but the 7920 will work fine. Turn off the 7920 and the 7960's come back online. We put an Aironet 350 out there - same thing. We put an Aironet 1200 AP out there and both the 7960's and 7920's work. All of the devices are plugged into a non-cisco switch.

I've been looking on this forum and CCO, but no luck. Has anyone run into this, have any ideas, or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Mark

5 Replies 5

mjordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark,

I've heard of several people encountering this issue. A couple of recommendations that may help:

1. Make sure short preambles are set (default on the 1200 AP, not sure about the Linksys or 350 APs).

2. Make sure Multicast is disabled on the AP (again default on the 1200 AP, not sure about the other APs).

Finally, not sure what firmware you are using on the 7920, but I'd suggest the newest version 01-06 (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser-crypto).

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature

Jordy,

Thanks for the reply, I'm going out there today and will give it try.

Mark

Jordy,

Had to turn off cdp - works like a charm. Thanks

Mark

I have the same problem, where did you turn off CDP ?

on the 7920 ? on Callmanager ?

I figured it out, Turn off CDP on the 7920

TO do this, you need to get the 7920 into administrator mode

then go to

Network COnfig>>CDP TX Enable/Disable

Make sure that you have short RF preamble disabled on the AP or the 7920 wont even connect to the AP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: