Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 can't make a call (sometimes)

sqrbncisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi..

i'm having trouble with ip phone 7920...

my wireless infrastructure is using WLC 5.1.

and the LAP are 1252..

the problem is sometimes the 7920 phone can't make a call... it's just dropped somehow....

like.. u dial an extention and nothing happen..it's just back to the "desktop view"

anyone can help?

1 Reply 1

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7920 is not officially supported on the 1250 platform. There are known issues with WPA(TKIP) interoperability. But I assume you are not using that otherwise would never even register. For not being able to make a call, does it say Network Busy? There was an issue a while back where the QBSS values were higher than they should be (CSCso63187). If the CU, which can also bee seen in the 7920 site survey is >= 105, then will get Network Busy. If you are hitting this, then would suggest to put the 7920 onto its own SSID and disable WMM as well as AP and Client CAC, where QBSS will not be sent to the phone. But then will not have the outbound CAC enabled either at that point.

Once you respond to the above providing more detailed info, we can go from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card