Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

7920 Fast Secure Roaming with WDS

Does anyone know when the 7920 will support Fast Secure Roaming with WDS?

18 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 7920 Fast Secure Roaming with WDS

We are expecting Fast Secure Roaming and WDS support late q1/04

Thanks,

Scott

Cisco Employee

Correction to the above time frame. Looks closer to the end of Q2/04

Scott

Community Member

Does anyone know if it supports fast roaming with the Spectralink phone. We are having raoming issues and we recently upgraded AP's to IOS 12.2(13).

does anyone have a link?

Community Member

Yes FSR works well with Spectralink phones, 12.2(13)JA should be ok but I run 12.2(15) JA and 12.3(2)JA2 on my APs

Community Member

I'm doing a SpectraLink phone trial on a wireless network of 1100's and am confused about what they are looking for on the phones under username and password for FSR. Is it the WDS username and password programmed in the 1100's and ACS server or would it be a LEAP user setup to authenticate the appropriate SSID? And if FSR is enabled on the phones, is there any benfit to using WEP?

Thank you,

JF

Community Member

So their FSR is CCKM, so should enter LEAP user account info into the phone. Also would recommend TKIP vs WEP as it's more secure.

Community Member

We have spectralink phones as well. And I just got Cisco-FSR configured on one phone and all the APs. And it seems to work OK.

What I am seeing is I lose connection to the spectralink gateway alot when trying to roam to another AP. Seen anything like that??

Community Member

You should open another topic as this was 7920 specific topic.

Community Member

yes even i would also like to know whether spectralink phones are supported or not and whether the cisco IP phones work well with the Proxim APs.

Community Member

CCKM support on the 7920 is targetted for the end of 2004. 7920s are currently only supported on Cisco Aironet APs, where IOS is recommended. Other 802.11b/g wi-fi certifed APs should work though.

Community Member

Do you have any update on the status of CCKM support on the 7920?

Community Member

Looking like 2HCY05.

Community Member

So it's looking like 2.0 release is on schedule for Q3CY05.

Community Member

I downloaded 2.0 for the 7920. However, I am unable to get the phone to associate to the AP1100 for CCKM. I have tried different encryption modes with no success. What should I be using for the 7920s?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content