cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 Unable to answer with two inbound calls ringing

mpitts
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME customer reporting that when their 7920s have two inbound calls ringing at the same time they are unable to answer either call.

The 7920s are a shared extension, on Dual Line DNs, with their desktop phones.

CME is 4.0(2), and the 7920 phone load is 4.0-03-00.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or have any idea what might cause it?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, version 03-02 still applies though.

For autonomous APs, there was a fix in regards to IAPP with 7920s in 12.3(8)JEA1, so recommend that version.

Other than that, would open a TAC case to review your configs and setup.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of ap are you using? Controller or autonomous?

If controller is pre-4.0.217.0 version then would want to set the 802.1p tag for the platinum QoS profile to 7 vs 6 or upgrade to 4.0.217.0.

Also would advise to upgrade the 7920 to 03-02.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser-crypto

You may be hitting CSCsi02523?

Release notes @ http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/wip7920/relnotes/rn302.htm#wp98206.

There is no WLAN Controller in the mix. Just 1130 and 1240 APs.

The bug (CSCsi02523) is a different circumstance, and different firmware/software combo. The attempt to answer the calls is only on the 7920.

Mike

Ok, version 03-02 still applies though.

For autonomous APs, there was a fix in regards to IAPP with 7920s in 12.3(8)JEA1, so recommend that version.

Other than that, would open a TAC case to review your configs and setup.

When I was finally able to get out there and test for myself I found that they could scroll up and answer the first call, then go to the second if they chose.

The phone would select the second call but wouldn't answer that one when they pushed the button so they never tried anything else.

I opened a TAC case and they tested and confirmed that the problem was in the phone load. It is resolved now, with 4.0-03-02.

Thanks,

Mike

Sounds like you were hitting CSCsi02523 then.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: