cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 and aironet 1200 problem

kuyong
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a network consist of 2 7921 wireless phones and an aironet 1200 AP. I'm able to scan the network and get connected to the network using my laptop, however, the wireless phones keep prompting 'Locating Network Services' then 'Connection Failed'. My aironet 1200 is running on 802.11G. Is there any steps that I have miss out or is there any competability issue between aironet 1200 and 7921 wireless phones.thanks =]

1 Reply 1

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connection failed means it sees the network, but is uanble to associate. If you have a -W model phone, then the AP must have world mode enabled. If it is not -W, then 802.11d (world mode) is not mandatory. Ensure you have the other authentication credentials configured correctly. See the 7921G Deployment Guide for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card