Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 and Linksys AP WRV200

Justin Pascal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I installed in my house a CCM with 7921. I have a Linksys AP, but IP Phone is unregistering....

Leaving Service Area message then register backs and is doing this even next to the AP.

Any idea?

Or any recommendation Im using firmware: 1.03

Securiy Mode is open..

Single Access Point Disable...

3 Replies 3

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

3rd party APs including Linksys are not officially supported.

When in idle, will use U-APSD or PS-POLL. The 7921 also uses beacons for BSS status.

Not sure if that AP model supports WMM or not, but may want to try to disable it and also set on call power save to none, where the phone will be in active mode. Talk time will be reduced when in active mode.

Thanks for responding...

I disable it, while reading Design Principles for WLAN:

"At the edge of each voice cell, the RSSI measurement should -67 dBm. For a Cisco 7921 voice deployment, it is recommended that you have a Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI) above 35 at the edge of the cell, which is equivalent to -67dBm."

While using Site Survey Option in 7921 I see:

-37 to - 41 value.

Not sure if this is ok or not.

Thanks

The RSSI = 35 refers to the 7920 phone only.

The 7921 uses dBm , which is the standard, for signal values.

So -41 is very good signal. Per the 7921 design guide, would want to design the cell edge to -67 dBm, which would allow for seamless roaming.

In this setup, sounds like you will not be roaming between APs.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/wip7921/7921dply.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card