Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 Phones do not connect after upgrading to 6.0.196

nawar1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

please I need someone to help me out with an issue for the 7921G wireless phones. the scenario is as follows.

a big university campus consisting of 6 buildings. it has a total of 300 APs & they are controlled by 3 WiSM blades (6x 4402-150 controllers).

all the WiSMs are running code version 5.2.178. today morning, I upgraded WiSM C (third wism)  to code 6.0.196. after the upgrade, all the 7921 phones cannot connect when they are in the building whose APs are controlled by WiSM C (the upgraded controller). however, we have 7925 phones who are working just perfectly.  the 7921 phones work normally like they usual when the users are in buildings whose APs are controlled by WiSM A & WiSM B (running 5.2 code).

the 7921 phones show the following message "locating network services" then "failed to connect" when the users move to the buildings of WiSM C.

while the 7925 phones connect immediately & works perfectly in all the buildings.

I hope the scenario is clear. please guys kindly advise & assist on this matter.

thank you in advance & awaiting your prompt feedback.

Regards,

Nawar Al Nomani.

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nawar,

I've never seen an issue like this. It would help if you collected a "debug client " of a phone having the problem. That could give pointers to what is really happening.

In any case 6.0.199.4 is way more advisable than 6.0.196

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

thank you very much for your prompt reply. unfortunately, I couldn;t run a debug client. hence, I am going to open a TAC case as per the advise of Federico. hopefully, they will be able to help me sort out the issue.

thank you again for your assistance.

Regards,

Nawar

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card