cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921G - Extended Battery is 100% charged but phone dies after 1 hour

shawzabeda
Level 1
Level 1

One of my 7921G phone has an extended life battery. The battery is fully charged but dies after 1 hour of use. The battery icon on the LCD shows yellow at 25%. I have switched the battery to another working phone and it shows 100% charge. I have also reset to factory setting and this did not resolve the issue. I know it is not a battery issue and will like to know if the phone is defective or if there is a fix to be done. The 1 year warranty is up and the user does not want to pay for a new phone.

5 Replies 5

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like a phone issue, if they are both running the same software. Appears the battery is calibrated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/firmware/1_1/english/release/notes/7921_11.html#wp193242

If the customer does not have a SmartNet contract and the warranty is up, then not much can be done except replace it.

Thanks for the information, I have verified the battery is calibrated correctly. I do have a Smartnet contract with Cisco via IBM. Does this mean I can have the phone replaced at no cost?

I suggest you call TAC to check entitlement of the phone.

How far away are your APs? The farther the AP is from the wireless phone the more power it takes.

I had a customer whose 7921s were eating battery power too fast. We added additional APs and now the batteries are lasting a lot longer.

Thanks all for your help. Cisco has replaced the wireless phone and this has resolved the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: