cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921G Phone Call Drops when switching WAPs on Different WLC's

rholtby
Level 1
Level 1

We are having issues with calls getting dropped when a 7921G phone traverses from a WAP that is connected to Wireless LAN Controller A and transfers to a WAP on Wireless LAN Controller B. This is occurring with both of our 4402WLC and 2106 WLC. We have mobility groups enabled and setup and they can ping the other controllers. There is no problems when traversing from one WAP to another WAP that are associated with the same WLC controller. Any ideas where the problem may be?? I'm trying to find information on configuration settings for this but not much information out there.

18 Replies 18

The firmware upgrade going from 1.02 to 1.04 did not fix the problem. What actually fixed the problem was VLANs on the port channel between the cores on the network. Verify that on the WLC that LAG mode is also enabled.

I'm still not sure what happened...were there different Vlans on different trunks?

What actually fixed the problem was VLANs on the port channel between the cores on the network. I verify that on the WLC that LAG mode is also enabled.

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Have you ticked the 'Enable Fast SSID Change' option on the WLC under the Controller page?

Regards,

Richard.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card