cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7925G drops registration and reboots during call

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

We have 4 of these phones connecting to 2600i AP's on a WLC. They can sit idle for hours, but when you make a call, it will work, then at random, just drop off and reboot.  I also noticed that response times to all 4 phones will be good, around 30-40 ms then skyrocket after a while to upwards of 600 ms. I dont know if this is normal, and happens when the phone is idle, but I did notice when calling extension to extension between 2 phones response times were normal. 

When the call drops, ping stops responding.

I have done quite a few deployments, and can find nothing wrong on the WLC or callmanager, this is a first I have ever seen this.  Not sure if its a bug on the WLC, or the phone.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I also noticed that response times to all 4 phones will be good, around 30-40 ms then skyrocket after a while to upwards of 600 ms.

You will get high response time when there phone is on idle.  Good ping time happens when you are on a call.

They can sit idle for hours, but when you make a call, it will work, then at random, just drop off and reboot.

Make sure your phones are running firmwares version 1.4(3) and higher. 

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

They are. Going there tomorrow with a 7921 that I know works fine on LWAP wireless.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card