Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7925g wireless ip phone become dead after 2days of inactiviy.

We are having an issue with some of wireless ip phones 7925g, that if not using for 2days phone becoming in a dead state and have to remove the battery and insert back to work properly. Some other similar phones in the same network are not having this issue.  Anybody here got similar issue before ? Any work around or solution from the experts would be highly appreciated.. 

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Ensure you are running firmware 1.4(2).

There were some "lockup" fixes in 1.4(1) and 1.4(2).

Open a TAC case for further troubleshooting as necesasry.

Thnx migilles for the info..the bug u mentiond s CSCty52285 and details are given below.

Symptom: 7921/7925 phones lock up on occasion with 1.4.2 FW

Conditions: Installed 1.4.2 FW in 7921 and 7925 phones
Noticed that phones lock up on occasion while either getting an IP, registering with CM or just sitting idle assoc in the docking station.
Have to remove battery to unlock them.
Happens in clean and noisy environment.
Went back to previous 1.4.1 FW that was used before.
Did not see one phone lock up in over a week of testing.

Workaround:Use 1.4.1 FW

According to work around, we have to use 1.4.1 FW. But my current FW is already 1.4.1. Is the environment matters to happen these kind of issues ? I have some other same model phones having no issues.

We dont have service contract to open TAC case. so any suggestion from u guys would b very helpful.

Cisco Employee

Re: 7925g wireless ip phone become dead after 2days of inactiviy

Ok so when you mean dead, you actually mean locked up where keys don't respond correct?

No that is an open caveat that was opened by an internal tester.

We will more than likely set CSCty52285 to unreproducible before the 1.4(3) release as we are not seeing this issue in our labs.

Do not believe this would be specific to 1.4(2) as 1.4(2) and 1.4(1) use the same WLAN firmware and driver.

You definitely want to be using 1.4(2).

Are you seeing an issue where keys don't respond?

Or the issue is that the 792 x doesn't connect back to the WLAN?

If not connecting, then may want to check out CSCtk58591, which is resolved in the latest ES for 792x and will be included in the 1.4(3) release.

I know you don't have a service contract currently, but that would be helpful now as you could have a dedicated TAC engineer assigned to assist you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanx very much migilles for ur great support.. The phone become dead means, it is completely not fuctional including display in this state (after 2 days of inactivity). We have to remove nd re-insert the battery to make the phone functional. I have upgraded the phone firmware from 1.4.1 to 1.4..2. I ll surely update the status aftr the testing period. Meanwhile, kindly post  if you could find any additional task we hav to  do to solve this issue..

Hi,

Here is the update after one month of firmware upgrade of 7925 phone to resolve the subject issue.

Aftr the upgrade I kept the phones idle for 5days for testing and it was working fine. But according to latest update from end user the issue is still there (phone becoming dead) but less no. of times and one new issue also there of unregistering the phone frequently.

Is the environmental condtion causes the first issue ? because most the 7925 ip phone located near to swimming pool area

Thanking for your great support

Shimjid 

Views
Helpful
Replies