Views
Helpful
Replies

7931 - Toggle between calls

bfbcnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've configured a 7931 phone with one line (and have allowed a maximum of 2 calls with a busy trigger of 1).

I'm trying to work out how to toggle between two calls that in the following scenario:

Incoming call on line 1.

Call is answered and then transfered using the transfer key.

New call is started to internal extension number, but I then need to put the call on hold to retrieve further information from the original caller.

I put the 2nd call on hold but am unable to select the original call to resume it.

Sounds complicated, but very easy on the 7941/7961 models - think I'm missing something very basic?

Thanks in advance, Jenny

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jenny,

This is actually a restriction on the 7931 :(

Conrad is a product manager in Cisco IP Communications. He is responsible for many aspects of the phone user interface for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G, 7971G, and 7931G models.

The 7931G was developed for the key system market, common in the retail and commercial space. It was developed in conjunction with the CUCME product team, and many of the features were implemented with a key system in mind.

A single call per line/button is the intended operation, with transfer and conference taking place across lines/buttons.

We wanted to have a large number of line keys, in a small form factor, for retail environments. In this environments, people tend not be so interested in voicemail, directory, and settings, or a large display screen. There is more interest in having a simple User Interface, with a line key light up when the call comes in, and very clear options to hold, transfer, or redial a call.

The phone required some changes to CUCM, and CUCM 6.0 is the first version to support the 7931G. The recommended configuration is to set any DN to have a max-calls of two, and busy-trigger 1, to operate in a key system style of operation.

From this Ask the Expert Event;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddead63

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: