Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7940 phone over a 1310 Bridge

I have an setup that I am having trouble with and was hoping someone had an idea. I have a site on IP tel with a remote building connected over a wireless bridge. On the remote side the phone is plugged directly in to the ethernet port of the bridge. The phone is powered locally with a power brick. The setup looks like this:

3560 --> E0 of 1310 --> wirless --> 1310 --> 7940 phone plugged in to E0 of remote bridge

I am running a voice and data vlan on the 3560 and the wireless bridges have just a basic config. However, the phone won't come up properly. It doesn't seem to come up on the voice vlan and connect to the CM. Are there special configuration concerns that I need to implement on the wireless bridge?

For various reasons we can't use a 7920 and the 1310s as APs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 7940 phone over a 1310 Bridge

do you need voice and data at the remote building or just voice? if you need both, then you are going to have to create both vlans on both bridges. You will also have to trunk to the 3560. If you need just voice in the other building, just make the port on the 3560 that connects to the 1310 an access port in the voice vlan. You will also have to put the management ip addresses of the 1310 bridges in the voice subnet.

1 REPLY

Re: 7940 phone over a 1310 Bridge

do you need voice and data at the remote building or just voice? if you need both, then you are going to have to create both vlans on both bridges. You will also have to trunk to the 3560. If you need just voice in the other building, just make the port on the 3560 that connects to the 1310 an access port in the voice vlan. You will also have to put the management ip addresses of the 1310 bridges in the voice subnet.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content