Views
Helpful
Replies

access network share through wireless LAN controller 2504

dominikflamand
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having trouble accessing a network share from a wireless client through my wireless controller 2504.

I can ping the server where the share is on and also I can ping the default GW firewall.

There's no problem with the share. So I think this is some setting in the wireless LAN controller.

Somebody know wich setting this could be? So that I can access a network share through the wireless controller.

With an unmanaged wifi the network share is perfectly reachable from the client. So It has to be some setting in the controller.

Greetings,

Dominik                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two questions, do you have Broadcast forwarding enabled?  Are you using the same subnet on the wire and wireless?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Two questions, do you have Broadcast forwarding enabled?  Are you using the same subnet on the wire and wireless?

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

No I don't have broadcast enabled. Can I do this on the wireless controller? And yes the wire and wireless are on the same subnet.

But I also see vlan settings for the ports on my wlc.

Port 1: management vlan ==> this one is connected to my switch

Port 3-4: directly connected to my managed AP ==> Wich VLAN should these 2 ports be on?

Greetings,

Dominik

Thanks Steve. I enabled global multicast and broadcast forwarding. My problem seems to be fixed now :-)

Greetings,

Dominik

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

The broadcast forwarding should be enabled and your vlan ID in the switch and the dynamic interface you create in controller should be same. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: