cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1100 and 7920: which is the maximum number allowed?

ifallani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

My problem deals with AP 1100 last sw release and 7920 last sw release. I know about 7/8 concurrent calls for one AP but I have problem keeping associated more than 12 7920 at the same time. The messages I get from the CLI:

Mar 3 17:14:51.214: %DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES: Packet to client 000d.282e.7547 reached max retries, remove the client

*Mar 3 17:14:51.214: %DOT11-6-DISASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 000d.282e.7547 Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid

and so on for all the 7920 I have under the same AP.

If I stand with a 7920 just under the AP, the problem stops; if I'm going to use an AP with a lower number of 7920 associated (somethinf like 4 or five 7920), the problem stops; if the 7920 stands about 10 meters far from the AP, the problem appears with loss of connectivity and continuos authentication process.

For troubleshooting procedures, I'm using open authentication with SSID.

There's somebody out there can help me?

Thank you,

Iacopo.

4 Replies 4

schunt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you advise if you are running VxWorks or IOS on your APs? Also advise what version.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm running IOS 12.2.11(ja).

Thanks,

Iacopo.

mlinsemier
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever see a resolution to this? I am running the IOS version on a AP1200 and I am seeing these errors all over the place. I wasn't seeing these when I was running VxWorks.

No!

My workaround now is about to add more AP. All the matter seems to deal with the number of 7920 per AP: the more AP you can use at once, the less problem you'll get.

But I'm not satisfied, I'm waiting for some problems to appear again in the future.

Regards,

Iacopo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: