cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AVC feature not working on 2504

vinod rathore
Level 1
Level 1

Before implementing AVC feature on WLC i captured traffic form wireless client (Laptop) to one of the real presence g/w and found the traffic from AP to Laptop has QoS_control_WMM field with Best_Effort marking.

As soon as i enabled AVC on WLC i was expecting to be marked voice/video traffic accordingly defined under AVC profile but it was not there even QoS_control_WMM field don’t present under Wi-Fi control frame ….. ???

do you have any idea ?? why

(FYI – i was capturing traffic from same laptop which was acting as wireless client in this case)

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the WLAN which the laptop is connected to what is your WLAN qos setting ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

Here is the QoS configuration under WLAN and second images shows AVC profile configuration.

As per profile configuration if file-transfer request comes to AP this setting should drop connection and deny it so that real presence and other voice/video traffic can traverse easily...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think this thread is similar to this:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2258809

Hi Leo,

Just to ask specifically on QoS_Controle_WMM field .....

It don't appear under capture after enabling AVC on WLC ...earlier it was there ... ?? any idea why it is not there now ?

Regards :

Vinod :-)

Hi Vinod,

AVC works only at WLC level. So it won’t help to classify traffic at wireless client level until it gets to WLC (upstream direction)

Even your wireless clients WMM capable, your application(real  presence) may not classify the traffic correctly. So nothing can be done  unless this application vendor make some improvement.(same goes with  skype, etc).

In the downstream direction, you should see traffic get correctly  classify as traffic hits WLC first before it comes to wireless client. If you do not see that classification, try to set WMM "Required" instead of "Allow" under WLAN QoS tab & see

HTH
Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responeses ****

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card