Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls Drop over cisco aironet 2600i

grm_sysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

hi

We have 8 cisco aironet 2600i access points in our office,  staff are complaning that there calls are getting dropped in skype for business over wifi but there calls are fine when they are connected via ethernet cables.  can you please advice whats needs to be check and how to check it as well

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

staff are complaning that there calls are getting dropped in skype for business over wifi but there calls are fine when they are connected via ethernet cables.

Ok, so these are Skype calls using laptops.  Has anyone tried Skype calls using smartphones?  Are the issues the same?  

they are using the laptops and there calls drop over wifi. but if they connect the same laptops over the docking station with Ethernet cable connected to it, the calls are stable without any disconnect

they are using the laptops and there calls drop over wifi. but if they connect the same laptops over the docking station with Ethernet cable connected to it, the calls are stable without any disconnect

Yes, I understand the people who are complaining are using laptops and if the laptops are using Ethernet cable then the problem goes away. 

What I'd like to know is this:  Has anyone tried Skype using smartphones and/or tablets?  And if they have then is the issue replicated or not.

okay let me check that and i will update in this forum.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card