Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco 5508 Multicast, chromecast not working

Hello

I have globally enabled multicasting on my 5508 Controllers and cerated an SSID/Vlan just for Multicast.

What am I missing?

What else needs to be configured?

sMc
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

you also need to enable broadcast forwarding.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

.2 would work.  Peronally, I do 239. so that when I see it in a show ip mroute i know what it is.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I think steve means if your controller is 192.168.100.5 and 192.168.100.6 ..

Make your M/C 239.168.100.5 and 239.168.100.6 .

Makse sense?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
8 REPLIES

you also need to enable broadcast forwarding.

HTH,
Steve

Stephen

Thankyou for the response.

1 other question. I have (2) 5508 controllers. I enabled multicast and gave the multicast group address  on one of the controller s as 239.255.255.1. What would the seconds controller multicast address be, .2?

sMc

.2 would work.  Peronally, I do 239. so that when I see it in a show ip mroute i know what it is.

HTH,
Steve

Stephen

You mean 239.192.168.100 (where 100 is my wireless management subnet)

sMc

Also

I have read that igmp snooping should be disabled for my Wireless Multicast vlan. Have you any expertise on that?

sMc

Where did you read this ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

I think steve means if your controller is 192.168.100.5 and 192.168.100.6 ..

Make your M/C 239.168.100.5 and 239.168.100.6 .

Makse sense?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content