Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cisco 7925 "hull break"

Hello,

we have a customer who regularly breaks the outer casing of the cisco 7925 wireless phone (rough handling in a healthcare environment, the equipment was sold before the the "ruggedized" model became available). Is anyone aware of someone who can supply only the outer casing for the 7925 phone? It's not available from Cisco, as there are no parts only available - as far as I am aware of it.

I would appreciate any hint in the direction of aquiring only the shell for these telephone models (some company in china probably?) ...

Best regards,

Olaf.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

cisco 7925 "hull break"

There is not a repair service offering for 7925 phones.

If the phone has been damaged from typical usage, then can RMA the phone assuming it is under contract still.

If the phone has been abused which lead to the damage, then would need to purchase a new phone.

Re: cisco 7925 "hull break"

would something like this help protect the phone in this customers scenario? - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zCover-CP-7925G-CI925RINCarryingCase(Holster)forIPPhone/4561358.p?id=1218483837605&skuId=4561358&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=4561358

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

yes, the zcover stuff is not bad (and we even have stock of it here in Germany), but the customer is reluctant to equip his dozens of phones with such a cover. I rather hoped to find a source for the needed spare parts ;-)

regards,

Olaf

How about fashioning some type of strap that would be long enough to come to users ear when holding but short enough it wouldn't fall to the ground? Wouldn't totally prevent cracking the case, but would prevent from dropping direct to the floor.

Sent from my iPad

Cisco Employee

Yes zCover has simple and rugged cars for the 792x series phones.

Will definitely protect the phone if and when dropped.

We have worked with zCover since the 1st generation wireless phone (7920).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

We have over 3,000 7925s in our hospital. We use the Z cover and they work well. but nurses are rough and they still seem to break the phones anyway or drop them in toilets ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Cisco Employee

Yeah zCover or any other case for that matter will not help if the 7925 is submersed under water.

The 7925 is IP54 rated, which means dust resistant and protects against water splashes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content