Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CISCO Aeronet bridge

does this support VOICE

8 REPLIES

Re: CISCO Aeronet bridge

The radio is only half duplex so it’s probably not the best choice for voice. I’d give your Cisco rep a call about it. Might be worth testing though.

WLAN is a half-duplex shared network, with no QoS support. Still never know until a test is done. But don't think it'll work, since voice communication is full-duplex also voice need low latency.

I have set up a VoIP network running over a Aironet 340 bridge with no router support (customer didn't want to spend the money, even though we said it mightn't work) from a head office running a Alcatel PABX with IP cards to a store with 8 handsets and 3 PC's and it WORKS!! If the PC's start pulling some big files there is a very small delay. But well with in exceptable limits for a site without priority queuing etc.

I would appreciate your support. We are trying to establish if it will work with analogue phone devices into a Cisco 1750-4V (they have unmanaged switches) then into the wireless bridge.

please ignore - sorry

The Aironet 350 incorporates Spectralink voice prioritization for Spectralink wireless phones.

I thought this was true but can't seem to find it on CCO anymore. I might have been wrong. The 340's had it enabled by default.

Does support Video, how is the minimun that I need to use Video between 2 sites with 1 pc each site, broadband and distance ?. Can I use a repetear ?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content