cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC and Intermec PM4i issue

epasqualotto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm having an issue with these printer as about every hour the printer goes off from the wireless network.

On the WLC log I see:

Impersonation of AP with Base Radio MAC 00:23:33:18:7f:21 using source  address of  00:19:88:01:d5:5f has been detected by the AP with MAC  Address: 00:23:33:18:7f:20 on its 802.11b/g radio whose slot ID is 0

I don't understand what is the cause of the issue and how to disable this WLC check (maybe from IDS).

Anyone have suggestion?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

aaroncoffman
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the delay!

Let's get this troubleshooting started.

Perhaps your hitting a bug?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-3666

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have no idea what firmware is your controller ...

Does the printer have a static IP address?  If it does, did you enable "Passive Client" on the SSID setting?

My software: 7.0.235.0 so I don't think I hit the bug.

Now I'm trying with passive client.

Enrico.

if you're not hitting a bug, I would take a look at the AP boxes 'load profiles, noise..etc   make sure they are all passed. Let us know if there any profile failed status.

do you know if the printer goes down when it's  processing data or it will still go down when no one is sending any jobs to it ?

how many printers are in total ? do they connect to the same AP or this  happens through the whole deployment?

how did the passive client test went ? did it help ?

thanks!

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Neither the trigger due to AP authentication nor due to wIDS. It is due to a bad driver on wi2wi. update to good known driver.

Your Wi2Wi client spoofing AP's mac and sending packet to WLC infrastrucuture.

To mitigate this, use security WPA with mfp set to mandatory.

Root cause the issue through Wireless packet capture between the client and ap should prove the issue.

I'll try to change the security setting of the WLAN next time I go to the customer and let you know.

Thanks.

When mfp set to mandatory on WLC, make sure the wireless client supports CCXv5 otherwise it doesn't work. If none of the driver versions support ccx5 then hope for latest driver solve this issue. Remember, stations must support CCXv5 and must negotiate either TKIP or AES-CCMP to use client MFP.

Hi,

I'm seeing the same issue at my site and I was wondering if you resolved the issue.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card