Views
Helpful
Replies

Client PC wired to the work group bridge losses ping from root bridge

suvf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 APs talking to each other using 802.11g/b. AP1 is configured to be a root bridge and AP2 configured as a workgroup bridge. PC1 is attached to ethernet of Rootbridge(AP1) and PC2 is attached to ethernet of workgroup bridge(AP2). PC2 is automatically removed from the association table of rootbridge(AP2) after 20secs of inactivity and comes back only when a ping is issued to PC2 either from the workgroup bridge or a ping from PC2 to workgroup bridge.

Things work fine and the association table of rootbridge holds PC2 even after 20secs if a continuous ping with -t is issued from PC1 connected to the rootbridge to PC2.

Does anybody have an idea why this happens.

Note:- The work group bridge and the Rootbridge use different Infrastructure BSS ids.

Thanks in advance

SUVF

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco does not offer LMR-400 or LMR-600 cable with N-Type connectors to extend the distance from the ODU to the antenna beyond the 4.9 ft (1.5 meter) pigtail distance, but these are readily available from third-party sources. Although you can use the longer cable, losses are associated with it. Use the outdoor range calculator to determine the loss per foot of this cable for EIRP values.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco does not offer LMR-400 or LMR-600 cable with N-Type connectors to extend the distance from the ODU to the antenna beyond the 4.9 ft (1.5 meter) pigtail distance, but these are readily available from third-party sources. Although you can use the longer cable, losses are associated with it. Use the outdoor range calculator to determine the loss per foot of this cable for EIRP values.

Hi

Was that reply for my querry?

however my probelm is resolved now. I have made the root bridge and the workgroup bridge talk to each other on the same native vlan and configured the root bridge to consider the workgroup bridge as a infrastructure device rather than a client by enabling "reliable multicast for work group bridges" under the dot11 0 interface.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card