Views
Helpful
Replies

cm features disabled / cm down ?

meggerman
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

occasionally i have a few users experiencing phone resets with cm features disabled / cm down type messages. as you can imagine this doesnt look good !

now the only thing i saw on the WCS on the ap`s in question was

"% Client Count vs RSSI" diagram was 1 green bar at 100%

does this mean anything ? i have 2 ap`s per floor and around 13 devices. i know i can have safely 10 clients per ap but could i be reaching the limit at 13 if there is too much traffic.

also on a side note i have

Mobility Group-Leader IP Address as a different controller to what the neighbouring ap`s with this high rssi are on. what determines the mobility group leader.

many thanks

Megz

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Check the wireless link and check for interference sources . This might cause phones to loose the link and cause phones to reset. Check for interfering sources and remove them if possible. Group Leader is only for RF Group and not for Mobility Group. In mobility group there is a concept called as Anchor Controller.

hi irisrios,

thanks, i thought it might be interference, could another 1240g ap be causing this ? i have 1 directly above the area where it happens the most perhaps there is signal bleed ?

or is it more likely to be another noise ? there is a computer setup room near by and also a kitchen with a microwave

cheers

Megz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: