Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Configuring VLANs on an AP 1200.

I am having difficulty understanding this document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801d0815.shtml

Here is what I am doing.... I have a 3550 switch connecting to the ap. The AP powers on fine. I configured the 3550 port as a trunk:

According to this article:

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport nonegotiate

switchport trunk native vlan 1

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 1,10,30

My network is a bit different: Native Vlan is 905, and trunk allowed is 902.

So my modified configuration should be:

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport nonegotiate

switchport trunk native vlan 905

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 1,902, 905 1005-xx

Now, I plug in my AP. Here is the problem: When I plug in my AP... I don't get an IP address. ok ... So I reset the ap back to the defaults. and console into the AP. I try to follow the example given.....It doesn't allow me to configure these VLANs.... it stops at 90 instead of 902 or 905.

Ok, I would like to be able to configure 2 vlans one for my management vlan and the other for users.

I cannot access it via the web because it won't obtain an IP address.

Best regards,

Randy

rrtubb@yahoo.com

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Configuring VLANs on an AP 1200.

Did you try configuring with the Native VLAN 1?

Cisco Employee

What version of IOS are you running on the AP?

Thanks,

Scott

Community Member

We also run multiple vlans on our 1200's. Your config looks good on the switch, but I never include the native vlan on my trunk port. You need to give your AP a static on the f0 interface and then you will be able to access it via the web, as long as your pc is on the same subnet. Then you can create your vlans and set it up for DHCP. As long as it is part of the main network, it should get an address and you should be able to access it via your management ip. Let me know, I can send you copies of my config.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content