cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

continuos loss of parent association and authentication (350 bridge)

molinyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We recently purchased the 350 series bridges and set one to be root and the other to be non-root.The root bridge has a 13.5dbi yagi connected to it. The yagi is mounted on a roof that resembles a small house.The non-root bridge is mounted in a crane that has an omni directional antenna ( 12 dbi ).It is mounted quite high.The yagi antenna was eyed up with the omni directional antenna.The antenna alignment test was done from the crane that showed a fairly good signal strength and quality.The carrier test showed varying noise in the middle frequencies.I set the channels both bridges to be channel 6 with the opportunity to find less congested channels.These are the root and the non root log files.It would be great if someone could give me some pointers on why it is doing this. Much appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Try giving yes tor data rate basic and also give Loss of backbone connectivity to No action.

Hi !

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

From what you told me, I cannot find the setting in the 350 bridge software about loss of backbone connectivity.

Can you let me know where it is?

Much appreciated....

There was a software bug in the early 12.x VxWorks software that could be the problem. We had a similar problem and it was fixed when we upgraded the software to 12.03. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card